We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of Carrefour Group, from France, which operates in more than 30 countries. Brazil is the second most relevant market for the Group in terms of revenues, surpassed only by France. We are base in São Paulo and employed more than 95,000 people in 2020, which makes us one of the largest private employers. Since July 2017, we have operated as a publicly-held company with shares being traded on B3’s Novo Mercado under the ticker CRFB3.
Below is a summary of Grupo Carrefour Brasil’s history, highlighting the main events of Atacadão and Carrefour:
- First Carrefour hypermarket in São Paulo.
- Launch of the Carrefour credit card.
- Acquisition of Atacadão.
- Partnership with Itaú Unibanco to operate Banco Carrefour.
- First Express store in São Paulo.
- Península acquires 10% of the Carrefour Brazil Group.
- First food retailer present in all Brazilian states.
- Launch of Atacadão financial solutions.
- Launch of Carrefour non-food electronic commerce.
- Launch of Carrefour food electronic commerce.
- IPO of Carrefour Brasil.
- Act for Food launch
- +20 Atacadão stores
- Drive and Click and Collect launch.
- New business unit: Carrefour eBusiness Brasil.
- Acquisition of 49% interest in Ewally Fintech.
- Partnership with Grupo Super Nosso.
- Accelerated expansion at Atacadão: acquisition of 30 Makro stores.